University Statutes & Senate Bylaws
From the University Senate Bylaws, Article VII. Committees:
Section 3. Committee on University Statutes and Senate Bylaws
- The Committee on University Statutes and Senate Bylaws shall be composed of a representative from Legal Affairs, one student who is a member of the Senate; one staff senator; and at least ten (10) faculty senators preferably one from each of the following: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of the Arts, Perimeter College, the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, the College of Education and Human Development, the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, the Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing and Health Professions, the School of Public Health, the College of Law and the University Library, with any additional members selected at large.
- The duties of the committee shall be:
- To review periodically, the University Statutes and Senate Bylaws of the University and to recommend to the Senate such amendments as it deems necessary or appropriate; and
- To receive from university councils, committees, administrative officers, and faculty members, any proposals for amendments to the University Statutes and Senate Bylaws, to consider such proposals and to make appropriate recommendations on each proposal as specified in Article XV of the University Statutes and Article IX of the Senate Bylaws of Georgia State University.
- To revise the Senate Bylaws to update college/school/unit names and administrative titles so they are in concurrence with current practice.
- At the discretion of the President, the members of the committee may serve as an advisory committee on questions of interpretation of the University Statutes and Senate Bylaws.
- The committee shall elect a chair within ten (10) working days after the election of a new committee.
- Legal Affairs representative Kerry Heyward
- Student (member of the senate)
- Staff senator Karen Hudson
At least 10 faculty senators as follows:
- Arts Patrick Freer
- Arts & Sciences JT Way
- Business Ed Rigdon
- Education and Human Development Brendan Calandra
- Nursing and Health Professions Douglas Gardenhire
- Nursing and Health Professions Jacob Irwin
- Perimeter Todd Hendricks (Chair)
- Policy Studies Yongsheng Xu
- Public Health Carlos Pavao
- University Library Skye Hardesty
Committee Assistant: Dionne Polite, Senate Office