From the University Senate Bylaws, Article VII. Committees:
Section 4. Library Committee
- The Library Committee shall be composed of the Dean of Libraries, the Senior Vice President for Student Success; two students who are members of the Senate; one staff senator; and at least eight (8) faculty senators, preferably one from each of the following: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of the Arts, Perimeter College, the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, the College of Education and Human Development, the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, the Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing and Health Professions, the School of Public Health, the College of Law and the University Library, with any additional members selected at large.
- The committee shall be advisory to the Dean of Libraries, shall make recommendations to the University Senate, and shall serve as liaison between the members of the faculty and the library.
- The duties of the committee shall be:
- To review annually the status of the Library as it affects the programs and curricula of the University, and as it relates to the standards of the various accrediting agencies; and to make such recommendations for improvement as may seem necessary;
- To advise the Dean of Libraries on policy and operational matters which may be brought to the committee by the Dean of Libraries or referred to the committee by the University Senate;
- To review with the Dean of Libraries matters of long-range library planning, and to make recommendations where appropriate;
- To receive from the faculty or from any college or unit recommendations or suggestions which may aid in the development, promote efficient service, or encourage increased use of the Library.
- The committee shall elect a chair within ten (10) working days after the election of a new committee.
- Dean of Libraries Jeff Steely
- Senior Vice President for Student Success Allison Calhoun-Brown
- Student (member of the Senate) James Wilson
- Student (member of the Senate) Mason Ward
- Staff senator Amanda Puche-Staff Senator
At least eight (8) faculty members as follows:
- Arts and Sciences Nicola Sharratt
- Arts Ruth Stanford
- Business Shuguang Hong
- Education and Human Development Nicholas Sauers
- Nursing and Health Professions Carol Grantham
- Law Kris Niedringhaus
- Perimeter Rebecca Weaver
- At large (A&S) Diane Belcher
- At large (A&S) LeeAnne Richardson (Chair)
- At large (A&S) Hakyoon Lee
- At large (A&S) Hector Fernandez
- At large (A&S) Lia Bascomb
- At large (CEHD) Lisa Domke
- At large (IBMS) Leszek Ignatowciz
- At large (PC) Brendan Balint
- At large (PC) Vicente Della Tonia Jr.
- At large (PC) Jane Hercules
- At large (Policy Studies) Dan Immergluck
- At large (Policy Studies) Lionel Scott
- Administrative Assistant to the Committee: Pamela Lucas, Library Administrative Office
Select category or search...
Questions and concerns relating to the University Senate, the Senate Bylaws, and/or the University Statutes can be sent to the University Senate and Staff Council Office, which provides administrative support.
Aderhold Learning Center
60 Luckie St NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Atlanta, GA 30302-3966