From the University Senate Bylaws, Article VII. Committees:
Section 13. Committee on Nominations
- The Committee on Nominations shall be appointed by the Executive Committee immediately after the election of the new Senate. The Committee on Nominations shall be composed of at least ten (10) faculty senators, preferably one (1) from each of the following: the College of Arts and Sciences, Perimeter College, the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, the College of Education and Human Development, the Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing and Health Professions, the College of Law, the College of the Arts, the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, the School of Public Health, and the University Library. Additional members may be selected at large.
- The duties of the Committee on Nominations shall include the following:
- Committee on Nominations shall select candidates for all standing committees of the Senate, except the Executive Committee, the Fiscal Advisory Committee to the President, and the Hearing Committee. The committee will consider faculty preferences and past activities in making nominations to Senate committees. Staff senators will be nominated to committees according to the recommendations of the Staff Council chair. Students will be nominated to committees according to the recommendations of the SGA President. In like manner, the committee shall fill vacancies on standing committees as specified in Article VI, Section 5, of these Bylaws.
- In all such nominations, representation shall be in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the University Statutes, and Article VI and Article VII, of these Bylaws.
- In order to comply with Article VI, Section 4 of the University Statutes, the Nominations Committee will report on the ratio of senators to non-senators, and on the proportion of committee membership that is non-elected senators who serve by virtue of office or are presidential appointees for all standing committees of the Senate. Such a report will be submitted when the initial committee recommendations are made and any time that changes are proposed to committee membership.
- The committee shall elect a chair within ten (10) working days after the election of a new committee.
- Arts and Sciences Michelle Brattain
- Arts and Sciences Katherine McClymond
- Business Pat Ketsche
- Education Laura Fredrick
- Nursing and Health Professions Lynda Goodfellow
- Law Jennifer Chiovaro
- Perimeter Debra Denzer
- Policy Studies Shelby Frost (chair)
- Public Health Lisa Casanova
- University Library Tamika Barnes